Thinking about seeking counseling? There are many reasons why people come to counseling. Sometimes people who find help here at The Potter’s House of Denver struggle with personal and emotional difficulties that they haven’t been able to resolve on their own. Working with a counselor can help provide insight, support, and new strategies for all types of life challenges. If you are ready for a positive change in your life, we offer individual, couple, and family counseling.
How can counseling help me?
* Attaining a better understanding of yourself, your goals and values
* Developing skills for improving your relationships
* Finding resolution to the issues or concerns that led you to seek counseling
* Learning new ways to cope with stress and anxiety
* Managing anger, grief, depression, and other emotional pressures
* Improving communication and listening skills
* Changing old behavior patterns and developing new ones
* Discovering new ways to solve problems in your family or marriage
* Improving your self-esteem and boosting self-confidence
Who provides counseling center services?
We offer 3 levels of counseling services at The Potter’s House of Denver.
1. The first level consists of our lay counseling mentors. Our lay counselors walk alongside people who need encouragement and a listening ear, but perhaps doesn’t require the clinical expertise of our Master’s level Counselors.
2. The second level consists of graduate students who have been approved to do an internship as part of earning a Masters of Arts degree in Counseling. Each intern is required to be under the on-going supervision of an approved Licensed Clinical Therapist.
3. The third level consists of Post-Graduate Therapists who provide counseling on a sliding scale fee basis.